After Surgery Precautions
- Don’t spit for minimum 24 hours after tooth extraction because it can dislodge the clot.
- Don’t chew or bite something from the area of extraction.
- Don’t drink hot drinks, sodas, and eat spicy foods.
- Don’t smoke for 48 hours.
- Don’t poke into the gap created with toothpick oe tongue as it may delay healing, and may provoke bleeding.
- Don’t exert yourself.
- Try to take some rest after tooth extraction.
- Bite on the gauze piece after tooth extraction,which the dentist has put on the extraction socket, minimum for an hour.
- Maintain hygiene with warm saline rinses, usually.
- Apply ice pack 15 minutes off for 1-2 hours on the side of extraction.
- Try taking soft and liquid food option such as soups, mashed potatoes, yoghurts, milkshakes, smoothies, etc.
- Take your medicines as prescribed by your dentist.
Consult your dentist if
- Pain become more serves the day after your extraction.
- Bleeding becomes hard to control.
- Swelling around the extraction site worsens.
Would you like to get in touch with us for any dentally related matter or problem?